Many people aren't aware of some of the quirky
and interesting facts about Japan. There are a whole variety of
strange and fun and cool facts. Here they are:
- Hello Kitty originated in Japan in the 70s.
- Macdonald's, Haagen Daaz, and Kentucky Fried
Chicken are very popular in Japan.
- Japanese eat mostly rice and fish.
- Japanese people still wear kimonos at
festivals and special events.
- The more traditional houses have tables that
are very low, so that you can sit on the floor as you eat.
- In a traditional Japanese house, you don't
sit on chairs or sleep on beds.
- Some farmers grow square watermelons in
- In Japan, the most popular topping for pizza
- In Japan it is common to eat rice, soup or
steamed vegetables in the morning.
- Japanese only wear slippers in their houses.
- There are special slippers for restroom
- In Tokyo a bicycle is usually faster than a
car for most trips up to 50 minutes.
- There are wild monkeys in Japan.